TI-Writer is a word processor program created by Texas Instruments (TI) for the TI-99/4A home computer system. It was released during the third quarter of 1982 as part number PHM 3111 which sold originally for $99.95 (USD). It was released as a Solid State SoftwareTM Command Module cartridge, but requires either a cassette or floppy disk add-on system in order to save files created, and a printer in order to print documents.
TI-Writer Manual (Front Cover) 
|Publisher(s)||Texas Instruments (TI)|
|Original Retail Price||$99.95 (USD)|
|Format(s)||Solid State SoftwareTM Command Module|
|Release||1982 (3rd Quarter)|
- 1 Advertising Blurbs
- 2 Manual
- 2.1 Using This Manual
- 2.2 Package Overview
- 2.3 Special Features
- 3 Downloads
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Front Cover of Manual Binder
Brings many features of large word processors to the TI-99/4A Home Computer, including text editing, search and replace, overstriking, and more.
Front Cover of Manual
The Tl-WRITER Word Processor is designed to bring many of the features of large word processors to users of the Tl-99/4A Home Computer.
- ■ Screen-oriented editor with full cursor control.
- ■ 30 editing operations, 24 format commands.
- ■ Global or local search and replace.
- ■ Oops! feature for text recovery.
- ■ Automatic paragraph indentation.
- ■ 23,000-character text buffer.
- ■ Margins and tab settings saved with the document.
- ■ Two print modes: formatted and unformatted.
- ■ Overstriking, underscoring, right-margin justification, headers, footers and more available with the Text Formatter.
- ■ Mail List (form letter) option from keyboard or file input.
- ■ Supports RS232 or Parallel 1/0 printers, either dot matrix or letter quality.
The Tl Disk Memory System (Disk Controller and one to three Disk Drives), Memory Expansion unit, RS232 Interface unit, and an RS232-compatible printer are required to operate this software.
Triton Catalog Fall 1984
Superb TI-99/4A cartridge version of software of the most popular home computer application of all: word processing. Program includes many features usually only found in software for more expensive computers. Tl-Writer edits and formats . . . inserts and deletes text and lines. Automatically indents paragraphs, justifies right margin, wraps words, overstrikes and underlines, moves and copies text. Documents its own re-formatting. Expands the display to 40 columns and scrolls horizontally to allow full 80- character lines. (Requires Disk System, 32K Memory Expansion, Printer and RS232 Interface.)