Two Ways to Play Meteor Belt
This Meteor Belt cartridge can be played with the Texas Instruments Home Computer or with the Texas Instruments Home Computer and the MBX Expansion System. The MBX Expansion System adds new dimensions to your Texas Instruments Home Computer. This booklet contains instructions for using both systems. Instructions for each of the methods are separated by a bar format. The first bar, which is color coded in blue, tells you how to play the game with your MBX Expansion System. The second bar tells you how to play the game with your Texas Instruments Home Computer alone.
TI Home Computer with the MBX Expansion System
The MBX console plugs into your Texas Instruments Horne Computer. Refer to the set-up instructions in your MBX Expansion System booklet to properly connect the systems.
Here's What the MBX Expansion System Includes
- MBX console with built-in action keypad
- Triple-axis analog joystick
- Headset microphone (not used with this cartridge)
- Power supply
- Fully-illustrated instruction booklet
Playing Meteor Belt with the MBX System
- Triple-axis analogjoystick allows total maneuverability of screen objects.
- Action-input keypad allows. quick response and flexibility.
- Speech Synthesis allows you to hear phrases, prompts, and sound effects that are true-to-life, well-modulated, and full of inflection.
TI Home Computer without the MBX Expansion System
- You can play Meteor Belt with the TI Horne Computer using the keyboard, the Joystick Controllers (sold separately), or a combination of both.
- Speech makes the game more exciting. You need the Texas Instruments Solid State SpeechTM Synthesizer (sold separately) to activate the speech capabilities of your Horne Computer.
Are you ready to do battle in an epic space duel? You and a space outpost at the outer fringes of the meteor belt are at war. You must destroy the enemy outpost and enemy ships before they destroy you!
A belt of meteors separates your outpost from your enemy's. Each of the outposts is manned with a fleet of 8 ships, one defending the outpost at a time. Ships fire at one another from behind protective shields and barriers. Ships can attack with white laser fire, purple deflection beams, and deadly drones. Destroy the enemy's protective shield and barriers with your high powered defense systems and gain points as you destroy the enemy's fleet!
Actions in the DEMO MODE
TI Home Computer with the MBX System
After viewing the DEMO MODE, press any key on your TI computer keyboard to start the game. The computer automatically replays the title screen and the DEMO MODE until a TI computer key is pressed.
The number-of-players selection screen now appears. Meteor Belt is a two-player game. You have the option of challenging an opponent or the computer. If you wish to bypass these options, press GO on the MBX console and challenge the computer to a match (You are Saturn challenging Jupiter in such a match).
One-Player Option-You Vs. the Computer
Press 1 on your TI computer keyboard if you're challenging the computer. Then, type your name using letter keys on the TI computer keyboard. Next, press ENTER and the game begins.
Two-PlayerOption-You Vs. Human Opponent
If you're challenging a human opponent, a second MBX joystick (sold separately) must be used. The second joystick is plugged into the right joystick port.
Press 2 on your TI computer keyboard if you're challenging another player.
Player 1 types his or her name using letter keys on the TI computer keyboard and then presses ENTER.
Player 2 types his or her name using letter keys on the TI computer keyboard and then presses ENTER. The game begins.